meaningful and important work
Quality Care Matters
Welcome to Hospice Foundation Geelong. We hope to share with you the continuing work commenced by Geelong Hospice Care Association, which was founded in March 1982. The Foundation aims to continue the vision of the founders in supporting people with terminal illnesses, to have the choice of care in their own home.
We are no longer direct providers of care, but we can make a difference to the quality of life for patients in end-of-life care, their families and carers by working alongside and supporting palliative care service providers.
It is such a privilege to serve our community in this way and assist in providing exciting and innovative quality programs.
Sue White, Chair
We help provide:
Our Vision & Values
Generous donations from the community allow Hospice Foundation Geelong to give funding to local organisations so they can provide quality palliative care to individuals and implement palliative care initiatives. Funding is also used to support and grow the palliative care workforce.
For the last 40 years, the foundation has provided funding to various services with the aim to:
- Support people suffering with terminal illness to have the choice of care in their own home or a community setting
- Resource the development of expertise in palliative care nursing and in other health and therapeutic professions
- Facilitate the provision of pastoral and psychological assistance to families and carers.
- Promote and maintain community awareness of the philosophy and values of quality palliative care.
- Foster close working relationships and liaise with the providers of palliative care